|Position Code ||1484|
|Salary ||$140K-$160K Base + Bonus + Stock|
|Level ||Senior and Architect|
|Location/Area ||Alexandria, VA|
|Desired Hire Date ||June '15|
|Date Last Updated ||5/6/115|
Job Description and Work:
We have been engaged on a key search effort by an industry leading data analytics software product company that is seeking an experienced Sr. Big Data Engineer with a track record of success.
- Tableau Integration
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and develop data tools that support both operations and product use cases.
- Perform offline analysis of large data sets using components from the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Evaluate big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
- BS in Computer Science or related area
- 12-15 years software development experience
- Proficiency with Java, Python, Scala, HBase, Hive, MapReduce, ETL, Postgres, Visualization technologies etc.
- Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
- Understanding of various Visualization platform (Tableau, D3JS, others)
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills
|Apply for this job
817 Linslade Street, Unit A - Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Phone: (301) 355-8094