Vice President of Engineering
Job Description and Work:
We are working a key search with our client a Northern Virginia based enterprise software consulting firm. They build and deliver unique solutions to major enterprise clients (80% Commercial & 20% Federal). They are seeking a Vice President of Engineering to lead and continue to build a globally distributed team of 50+ Software Engineers & Architects. This hire will report to the President of the company. This hire would have experience….
- Leading and building globally distributed teams of 50+ engineers
- Enterprise software development
- DevOps, Lean, Agile Dev Methods – Cloud (AWS) Architectures and Services
- Deep background in IT Services/Consulting Industry (ie., experience with pre-sales, solutioning, estimating (cost/effort), and delivery to 3rd party commercial enterprise and government clients)
- Solid experience developing and performing to KPIs, change management, process improvement
- Best practices around software engineering/devops processes, design architecture, sprint planning, etc.
- Background in Computer Science would be ideal