Software Engineering Manager
Job Description and Work:
Leading marketing software product company for the automotive industry is seeking a Development Manager to provide leadership and help establish structure and improve efficiency within this expanding department. You will be responsible for managing a team of highly skilled Software Developers to make modifications to their web platform and develop new products.
– Manage an agile web application development team through daily scrums and biweekly retrospectives.
– Leverage JIRA to create product backlogs, track sprints and user stories, and monitor team efficiency.
– Analyze and redesign client and internal workflows to minimize inefficiencies.
– Manage client expectations in daily interactions and weekly status meetings.
– Establish a structure that increases efficiency and promotes proactive modifications.
– Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
– Bring new insights to the Development Department, process and product development improvements
2+ years of direct management experience of a team of at least 5 software professionals.
Prior software development experience, preferably on large-scale web projects.
Solid understanding of SQL and relational database concepts.
C# or Java (object oriented)
.NET Core is a plus
AWS/Azure a plus
Experience with JIRA or similar ticketing systems.
Experience with road mapping and time management software.